NOTE : -

THIS IS NOT MY PRIMARY BLOG... I WRITE PRIMARILY @ POETIC CRIES OF INTERPERSONAL EXPRESSIONS (PCIP)
So PLEASE MOVE ON THERE... follow me ... and enjoy my fresh latest Writes! :) (cheers & god bless!) -- PULKIT

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NEEDING SOMETHING AND WANTING SOMETHING


SOMEONE HAS RECENTLY ASKED ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NEEDING something AND WANTING something……….

SO HERE IT GOES;

Want is a desire or wish to have something. Want and would like are similar in meaning but would like is more polite. Wanting is not having enough of something or lacking something.
If you need something it does’nt matter whether you want it or not but you must have it. Need of something refers to the unavoidable nessecity.

I want many thing in life but even if I don’t get them I will continue in my effort to get them and a failure to get them will bring disappointment to me, but if I need something in life and don’t get it I will behave in an extreme impatient manner to get it and failure to get it will bring pain and agony to me, which will stay untill I get it.

Such is the power of “need” as compared to “want”. That is why the word “basic” is used with need and not with want.

So the next time I ever say to you that I NEED YOU, it is definitely not the same as when I say I WANT YOU. Always consider it seriously when anyone like me expresses the need of having you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PULKIT

2 comments:

~AKRATI~ said...

very well said... there is a very thin line between the two... wanting something and needing something.. for a common man using these two terms together would sound paradoxical to him.. but the way it is presented here is worth praise.

zafar's world said...

hmmm...u said it ryte...according to me wants are avoidable but we cant avoid needs.Wants are jst a bubble kinda things thats exist untill there is charm of sumthng or that fascinated us.But needs come from ur heart,remain still forever n must be fullfilled.We cant even walk a step properly if our need is unfullfilled and when need does not fullfilled,we r jst scattered thoroughlyy....so guys jst first chalk out whts r ur need before than wants in ur lyfe.Btw u almost decribed that superblyy so keep it up!!